Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Getting ready to go!

I am so excited! Andrea and I leave for Ethiopia in 5 days! Did you read that?! 5 days!!!! I can't believe I get to meet our little guy in a week! I was really freaking out (to the point of tears!) yesterday because there is so much to do and everything has to be perfect. It is very overwhelming. I do know that next Monday when I get on that plane I will be able to relax and know that I have done everything I could in my power to prepare for this trip. If our taxes aren't done, I'll just have to settle with leaving those lines blank and worry about it when I get back.
When I booked my airline tickets I heard that folks are booking their second trip (the take home trip!) about 4 weeks after their first trip! That is about HALF the time we are expecting! Wouldn't that be the best surprise ever?!
We got new pictures today. Kepler either has a fever or just had his face washed off because he is all shiny and his shirt is wet:) He got a hair cut too! He looks so sweet. I can't wait to hold him!
We've had quite a month of baby showers and prep. Amos and I feel so loved and blessed by good friends:) It's happening! He's coming home soon!

1 comment:

  1. yay!!! so excited and nervous for you. I am just imagining myself in your shoes. I would totally be freaking out with pure excitement!!!!

    ReplyDelete