After waiting in limbo for about 2 months (seems MUCH longer) we heard last Friday what we need to do to progress despite Ethiopia's new 2 parent travel rule. We need 4 letters from Amos' doctor explaining his condition and asking permission for a power of attorney to represent him in court because of the dangers of him traveling. We will send one letter ahead and wait for the Minister of Women's Affairs to decide if his excuse is good enough for him to be absent from court. Hopefully they find his medical excuse a good one and allow me to travel alone. If they allow this, we will send off our dossier immediately along with the other letters from Amos' doctor and wait to be matched with a child!
I read somewhere that the wait times for children 0-2 is decreasing. This is good news for us! I hope it's true. Even if it's not true, it gives me hope.
One step at a time. That's all I can do. If I look too far ahead I get discouraged.
For now, the goal is to get Amos' doctors letters off to our agency so they can forward them onto Ethiopia. We have no idea how long it will take them to get back to us. I'm hoping its weeks rather than months but one can never know...