Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Moving Slowly

Hello Readers!
Our home study is in its final stages before getting notarized. Our agency reviewed it and gave it an "excellent" so that's good! I think I have one more final check to make on it and then it will be mailed to us. The next hurdle we have to jump is figuring out how to fill out the I824 as "a petition to change an approved action". Has anyone out there done this? Our agency is thankfully checking on that and hopefully will get back to us shortly after our home study is done so we can ask the good ol US of A to bring a child to the US from Ethiopia instead of Burundi. Yeah....I know. Red Tape.
Yesterday we went to the bank and got a stack of papers notarized for the dossier. After we get our USCIS approval we will be all set to send off our entire dossier to Ethiopia!
In the mean time we are reading Parenting with Love and Logic. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment