Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Backing up to move forward!

Okay...so after wrestling with immigration for a couple of weeks, we are just moving ahead by filing a new I-600A instead of a form to change our existing approved I-800A. We have to pay ANOTHER $670 to file this form and totally loose our $670 for the I-800A but I feel good about it because we will be moving and I know this form will work.
So here I sit with the form all filled out except for a few questions I'm not sure about. I will call the agency tomorrow and they should be able to give me the answers. Then I send it in with our NEW REVISED home study that I picked up last week! I think we have to get fingerprinted again but Amos is betting we don't. I think I will win this one.
This backing up to move forward to Ethiopia still feels REALLY good. I think it will feel even better when our stuff is off to Ethiopia. Then we will officially be further along than we were with Burundi. From what I hear Burundi is still not moving. That is just one more confirmation that we made the right choice to leave the program.
Thanks for continuing to read and care. I know we haven't had much exciting news to report.

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding? Moving forward is always exciting! I'm sorry about the $670- think of it as a donation to the Federal Government. God is going to bless you guys so amazingly for all you are doing and being faithful to his calling. You are saving a life! A life, by the way, we all can't wait to be a part of. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete