Sunday, September 11, 2011

Steamboat Rock

Okay, the Kallen family has a secret to share... It's steamboat rock in central Washington.  I threw all our camping gear in the car and picked Amos up from work on Friday.  We drove to the Spring Canyon campground.  We found a great spot and set up camp and crashed for the night.  On Saturday morning we hiked to the TOP of Steamboat Rock.  When I saw this rock last summer, I couldn't wait to conquer it someday.  We did it as a family this summer!  It was AMAZING.  Little Kepler slept in the ergo part of the way up and then hiked on the top of it like a champ.  He's going to be a great hiker! 
                                            Can you guess why it's called Steamboat rock?!


Maybe half way up...
Some parts were pretty tricky but THIS is the kind of climbing I love!
I love these photos of Kepler and Amos.  They're so precious!  ...And yes, that's Kepler and I out on that rock.  He was pointing out the water to me:)
This trip is a MUST DO with your family!  There is amazing history that goes with this canyon and it's massive rocks are incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment